Dear Parents, October 30, 2017
Language Arts: In Writers Workshop we are adding our front covers to our stories as we begin to publish! In Readers Workshop we are expecting to begin our second unit on nonfiction books. This week, we will be focusing on clusters with /r/. Clusters are two consonants that blend together. We can still hear all of the letters but they make one sound. Examples are grin, trip, and branch. Our spelling words will be practicing these sounds and will come from Unit 13 in our books.
Math: We are wrapping up our Unit 3. We will take our final moments to review counting with a combination of coins and addition.
Science: We are taking some of our limited science time this week to take a closer look at bats!
Social Studies: We will be unable to do any new social studies lessons this week as we take that time to practice for our Saints Parade.
Religion: This week we are spending all of our time working on our Saints! We will be practicing in the classroom as well as in church. Please remember to send your child to school in their Saints costume on Friday! Students may wear PE clothes or regular uniform underneath.
Homework for the Week:
- Monday: Math Worksheet and Rainbow Write
- Tuesday: No Homework! Happy Halloween
- Wednesday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 108-109
- Thursday: Spelling Book p. 110
- Friday: Read 2 times!
Reminders for the Week:
- Last day for $1 Tattoos is Tuesday! If more than two tattoos are purchased, two tattoos will be put on hands on Tuesday morning. The remainder will be sent home!
- Tuesday is Free Free Dress for Halloween! No costumes, please
- Wednesday is All Saints Day. We will be attending 8:30am mass.
- Wednesday is our library day. Please remind your child to bring their library book to school on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one. We will be unable to go to the library at any other point during the week.
- PE Uniforms on Thursday.
- Friday is a noon dismissal and Saints Parade!
- Proforma will be on campus this Friday from 12pm-3pm.
Have a fa-BOO-lous week! 🙂