Dear Parents, February 5, 2018
Here’s what we are doing in first grade…
Language Arts: Now that we have our chapter titles, we are busy writing our chapters in our nonfiction chapter books! Within phonics, we will be focusing again on our vowel pairs. This week, we will look at “ai” and “ay”. Both say the long /a/ sound as in “play” or “braid”. Again our phrase is to remind us which sound these vowel pairs makes is… “When two vowels go walking, the first one does the talking!” Our spelling words are from Unit 27!
Math: We are beginning Unit 6. We will learn a new strategy on Monday – the Addition/Subtraction Facts Table and will discuss equivalent names throughout our week.
Science: We are learning about our final environment this week: the mountains!
Social Studies: We had a delay in our flight plans last week and therefore only made it to one country. We will be busy travelers this week!
Religion: This week we will be reading from our textbook – Jesus Teaches Us to Love God.
Homework for the Week:
- Monday: Rainbow Write and Math Worksheet
- Tuesday: Spelling Book p. 191 & 194 and Math Worksheet
- Wednesday: 6 Sentences and IXL Math Skill J.3
- Thursday: 6 Sentences and Math Worksheet
- Friday: Read 2 Times
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday.
- We will not be able to go to the library this week due to STAR Testing.
- Friday is a full day of school!
- Ash Wednesday is on February 14th. We will be attending mass in the morning.
- Valentine’s Day is coming up! Please watch our red homework folder for a flyer with details regarding this years Valentine’s Day celebration.
- Primary Centers will be on February 16th from 10-12pm. If you are available and would like to volunteer please email me at email@example.com
Have a super week!