Dear Parents, March 27, 2017
Here is what first graders are doing this week…
Language Arts: We are continuing our work on our opinion writing unit. In phonics this week, we are focusing on the sounds for “y”. When the y ends a short word it typically will have the long /i/ sound. If the word is a longer word, it will typically end with the long /e/ sound. For example, “try”/“my” and “happy”/“rainy”. Our new spelling words are from Unit 29 in our Spelling book and will be practicing our sounds for “y”.
Math: We are still in Unit 8 this week. We are learning all about fractions!
Science: We are working on Chapter 5: Weather! We will be doing a daily weather report in our classroom as we observe the changes in our weather.
Social Studies: In Unit 4 we will be learning about pictographs and how to save our resources.
Religion: We are reading from our textbooks again this week. We will continue our discussion of Holy Week and Jesus’ gift of Himself.
Homework for the Week: (Don’t forget to read every night!)
- Monday: Rainbow Write and Math Worksheet
- Tuesday: Math Worksheet and Spelling p. 203-204
- Wednesday: 6 Sentences
- Thursday: Math Worksheet and 6 Sentences
- Friday: Read 2 times!
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on Monday and Tuesday.
- Remember the Read Across America Book Log is in addition to our regular nightly reading! Read Across America ends on Friday March 31!
- Wednesday is “Fox in Socks”. Students are to wear their uniforms and wild, crazy socks!
- Stations of the Cross on Wednesday at 2:00pm in the church!
- Friday is a full-day of school!
- April 4th is the deadline to order In-N-Out. We do realize that April 7th is a Friday and during Lent, however there will be grilled cheese sandwiches available for all who want to observe no meat Fridays.
- We will be going on a field trip on April 7th! Permission slips will be going home on Monday. We will be going with our 4th grade class. We will be back in time for In-N-Out and Dippin Dots!
Have an amazing week!