Dear Parents, April 10, 2017
Here is what first graders are doing this week…
Language Arts: We will have a little time this week to work on our opinion writing. We are continuing to challenge ourselves to find ways to persuade others. In phonics this week, we are focusing on suffixes and our vowel pairs /oi/, /oy/, /au/ and /aw/. Our new spelling words are not from our Spelling book. All will be practicing these vowel pairs. We will be taking our spelling test on Thursday!
Math: We are taking some time this week to have some fun with math! We will be playing a lot of review games before we head to Easter break!
Science: We will be taking our chapter 5 test this week.
Social Studies: We weren’t able to get to our project on saving resources last week so we will be working on it this week.
Religion: We are continuing Benjamin’s Box. Please ask your child what treasure they found in their own box each day.
Homework for the Week: (Don’t forget to read every night!)
- Monday: Rainbow Write and IXL.com Skill N.1
- Tuesday: 6 Sentences and IXL.com Skill N.4
- Wednesday: 6 Sentences and IXL.com Skill N.5
- Thursday: Read, read, read over break!!!
Reminders for the Week:
- Please continue to work with your child on their poem! We will be presenting them in class on Tuesday and on Wednesday. Our finalist will be announced in class on Thursday. The finalists will present their poems to the judges when we return from Easter Break.
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday. No PE on Thursday.
- Living Stations of the Cross on Wednesday at 1:50pm in the church!
- Please remind your student to bring their library book on Thursday so that they may check out a new one before Easter break!
- Easter vacation begins after noon dismissal on Thursday!
Have a blessed Holy Week and Happy Easter!