Dear Parents, September 25, 2017
Language Arts: In Readers Workshop we will be dropping bad habits in reading and picking up some good ones! We will also continue our practice on looking at all parts of a word to learn how to read it. In Writers Workshop we are practicing unfreezing our characters. In addition, we will also be focusing on specific phonetic skills. This week, we will be highlighting the sounds associated with the letters d (duck), w (worm), l (lion), x (fox) and o (octopus). Our spelling words will be practicing these sounds and will come from Unit 7 in our books.
Math: We will learn about nickels, begin practicing counting nickels and pennies, and begin work on number models with a great focus on subtraction number models.
Science: We are wrapping up chapter 1 by taking our test. We will begin our second chapter on Tuesday! We will be learning about the needs of animals.
Social Studies: We are still working on Unit 1: “School Days”. This week we will learn about helping one another and following school rules.
Religion: This week we are working from our textbook. We will be focusing on Chapter 4: God Our Father is Holy.
Homework for the Week: (Don’t forget to read every night!)
- Monday: Math Worksheet and Rainbow Write
- Tuesday: Spelling Book p. 69 & 71
- Wednesday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 72-73
- Thursday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 74
- Friday: Read 2 times!
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday
- We will have art class with Ms. Nancy Spooner on Tuesday.
- Wednesday is our library day. Please remind your child to bring their library book to school on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one. We will be unable to go to the library at any other point during the week.
- Friday is a full day!
Have a terrific week!