Dear Parents, October 2, 2017
This week in First Grade we are learning….
Language Arts: In Readers Workshop we will be working with our partners to identify and fix bad reading habits. In Writers Workshop we are continuing to write in itsy, bitsy steps and bringing our characters to life. In addition, we will also be focusing on specific phonetic skills. This week, we will be highlighting the sounds associated with the letters y (yo-yo), k (kite), v (vet), and e (elephant). Our spelling words will be practicing these sounds and will come from Unit 8 in our books.
Math: We will learn about subtraction number models and number stories. We will be taking our test by the end of the week.
Science: We are continuing our second chapter! We will be learning about the needs and parts of animals this week.
Social Studies: We are wrapping up Unit 1: “School Days”. This week we will finally take our test. We will begin Unit 2: “At Home With My Family” with our vocabulary lesson.
Religion: This week we are working from our textbook. We will be focusing on Chapter 5: God Shares His Life With Us.
Homework for the Week: (Don’t forget to read every night!)
- Monday: Math Worksheet and Rainbow Write
- Tuesday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 75 & 77
- Wednesday: IXL.com Math E.11 Spelling Book p. 78-79
- Thursday: Spelling Book p. 80
- Friday: Read 2 times!
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday
- Progress reports will go home on Tuesday
- Wednesday is our library day. Please remind your child to bring their library book to school on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one. We will be unable to go to the library at any other point during the week.
- Friday is a half-day!
Have a terrific week!