Dear Parents, October 16, 2017
Language Arts: In Writers Workshop we are spending the week revising our work so we are ready to publish our stories next week! In Readers Workshop we are continuing to work with a partner as we read. We are practicing introducing our books, doing something at the end of our reading and setting new goals for our reading. This week, we will be focusing on double final consonants (two consonants that are found at the end of a word. Ex: pass, fill, egg). Our spelling words will be practicing these sounds and will come from Unit 16 in our books.
Math: We will practice adding and subtracting using a number line and we will review telling time and will begin practicing telling time to the half hour.
Science: We are continuing our work on nocturnal animals. This week we will discuss raccoons and moths.
Social Studies: We are practicing finding our addresses on a map and discussing changes in our families.
Religion: This week we are working from our textbook. We will be focusing on Chapter 7: We Pray to God Our Father. We also received our Saint Report for our upcoming Saints Parade on November 3rd!
Homework for the Week:
- Monday: Math Worksheet and Rainbow Write
- Tuesday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 123 & 125
- Wednesday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 126-127
- Thursday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 128
- Friday: Read 2 times!
Reminders for the Week:
- As it is hot once again, please remember to send your child with enough water to last the day!
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Wednesday is our library day. Please remind your child to bring their library book to school on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one. We will be unable to go to the library at any other point during the week.
- Friday is a noon dismissal and Primary Centers!
Have a terrific week!