Dear Parents, November 6, 2017
It was so wonderful to see so many of you present for our Saints Parade last Friday! The students did a great job!
Language Arts: In Writers Workshop we are putting the final touches on our stories. We will be getting ready for a little publishing party on Wednesday! In Readers Workshop we are continuing our second unit on nonfiction books. See if you can find any nonfiction books at your home to read! This week, we will be focusing on clusters with /l/. Clusters are two consonants that blend together. We can still hear all of the letters but they make one sound. Examples are flower, club, and sled. Our spelling words will be practicing these sounds and will come from Unit 14 in our books.
Math: We are beginning Unit 4. We will begin by focusing on thermometers, introduce nonstandard linear measurements, and end our week by discussing standard measurement of a foot.
Science: We are taking our science test on Monday. We will be doing a special lab with our buddies on Tuesday.
Social Studies: We will be discussing family needs/wants and discussing the “Thanksgiving” story. We will also be preparing for our Thanksgiving play that we will perform in class on November 22nd.
Religion: This week we are reading from our Family Life Series. We will be completing Lesson 3: A Child of God and Lesson 4: I Have Feelings.
Homework for the Week:
- Monday: Math Worksheet and Rainbow Write
- Tuesday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 111 & 113
- Wednesday: Math Worksheet and Spelling Book p. 115-116
- Thursday: Read 2 times!
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on
- Wednesday is our library day. Please remind your child to bring their library book to school on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one. We will be unable to go to the library at any other point during the week.
- Thursday is $1 Patriotic Free Dress.
- Thursday we will have our Flag Retirement Ceremony at 11:15ish in the quad.
- No school on Friday in honor of Veterans Day!
Have a super week!