Dear Parents, December 4, 2017
What a busy few weeks we will have in first grade! Here’s what we are doing this week…
Language Arts: We are busy writing letters to Santa! We will continue to look at nonfiction texts as we adjust for a limited schedule this week. Within phonics, we will be focusing on digraphs! Digraphs are when two consonants join to create a new sound. Our digraphs are sh, th, wh, ch, and tch. Our spelling words are from Unit 17!
Math: We are reviewing all that we have learning within Unit 4. We will be taking our test by the end of the week
Science: We will be discussing food chains this week.
Social Studies: As we continue to learn about community life, this week we will focus on the post office.
Religion: This week we are spending time learning about the season of Advent.
Homework for the Week:
- Monday: Rainbow Write and IXL Math Skill A.5
- Tuesday: Spelling Book p. 129 +131 and IXL Math Skill U.4
- Wednesday: Spelling Book p. 132-133 and IXL Math Skill D.14
- Thursday: Spelling Book p. 134
- Friday: Read 2 Times
Reminders for the Week:
- St Vincent de Paul Food Drive takes place all week! Please donate non-perishables to the red bins in the front of the school.
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday only.
- Report Cards go home on Tuesday.
- Please remind your student to bring their library book on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one. We will be unable to go to the library any other day.
- Next Wednesday, December 6th is Teddy Bear Day. Students may bring in stuffed animals when they have them ready.
- This Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are parent teacher conferences. School is dismissed at 11:30am.
- Friday is Immaculate Conception. Students will be attending the 8:30am mass.
Have a wonderful week!