Dear Parents, January 3, 2018
Welcome back to school! I hope that all had an enjoyable Christmas with family and friends.
In first grade, we are picking up where we left off…
Language Arts: We are jumping back into writing our teaching books and reading nonfiction texts. Within phonics, we will be focusing on digraphs! Digraphs are when two consonants join to create a new sound. Our digraphs are sh, th, wh, ch, and tch. Our spelling words are from Unit 17!
Math: We are reviewing all that we have learning within Unit 4. We will be taking our test by the end of the week.
Science: We will be discussing food chains this week.
Social Studies: As we continue to learn about community life, this week we will focus on directions from a map and community leaders.
Religion: This week we will be reading from our textbook: Jesus Our Savior was Born in Bethlehem.
Homework for the Week:
- Tuesday: Spelling Book p. 129 +131 and IXL Math Skill U.4
- Wednesday: Spelling Book p. 132-133 and IXL Math Skill D.14
- Thursday: Spelling Book p. 134
- Friday: Read 2 Times
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Please remind your student to bring their library book on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one.
- Friday is a full day of school.
Have a great week!