Dear Parents, January 8, 2018
Here’s what we are doing in first grade…
Language Arts: We are working so hard on our teaching books and reading nonfiction texts! I am so impressed with our work! Within phonics, we will be focusing on the long a! We will be looking at CVCe words (consonant, vowel, consonant, silent e). The silent “e” may be quiet but it sure is bossy! It tells the vowel, “Hey “a”! Say your name!” Words go from “cam” to “came” and “man” to “mane”. Our spelling words are from Unit 20! We are up to 12 words now – 10 basic words and 2 challenge words!
Math: We are beginning Unit 5. We start our week with place value and will move into relation symbols such as greater than, less than and equal to by mid week.
Science: We will be discussing where animals find shelter and how animals and plants can live in different places.
Social Studies: We will be learning how communities can change and how to trade goods and services.
Religion: This week we will be reading lesson 5 from our Family Life Series.
Homework for the Week:
- Monday: Rainbow Write and Math Worksheet
- Tuesday: Spelling Book p. 149 and Math Worksheet
- Wednesday: Spelling Book p. 150 and Math Worksheet
- Thursday: Spelling Book p. 152 and Math Worksheet
- Friday: Read 2 Times
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday only.
- Please remind your student to bring their library book on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are conference schedule with dismissal at 11:30am.
- Friday is our Epiphany Party in the classrooms.
- No School on Monday January 15th!
Have a great week!