Dear Parents, January 16, 2018
Here’s what we are doing in first grade…
Language Arts: We are continuing to practice retelling with our nonfiction books this week. Within phonics, we will be focusing on the long i! As we learned last week, CVCe words (consonant, vowel, consonant, silent e) have the silent “e”. The “e” may be quiet but it sure is bossy! It tells the vowel, “Hey “i”! Say your name!” Words go from “Tim” to “time” and “rid” to “ride”. Our spelling words are from Unit 21! We are continuing with 12 words now – 10 basic words and 2 challenge words!
Math: We are continuing Unit 5. We start our week reviewing relation symbols and move into comparison number stories by the end of the week.
Science: We will be taking our chapter test this week.
Social Studies: We will be wrapping up our communities as we discuss transportation and then we will end our week by taking our unit test.
Religion: This week we will be reading from our textbook – Families Share Life and Love.
Homework for the Week:
- Tuesday: Rainbow Write and IXL Math Skill K.2
- Wednesday: Spelling Book p. 155-156 and Math Worksheet
- Thursday: Spelling Book p. 158 and Math Worksheet
- Friday: Read 2 Times
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Please remind your student to bring their library book on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one.
- Wednesday is $1 Free Dress
- Friday is a full day of school!
Have a great week!