- Each family is required to complete 15 hours of service throughout the school year.
- Service hours completed on campus are to be recorded in the “Volunteer Service Hour Sign-In/Sign-Out” binder located in the school office. Each school family has its own sheet, filed alphabetically by the eldest student’s last name. Obtaining a staff signature is not necessary if recorded in the binder.
- With staff approval, service hours completed off campus, are to be recorded in the “Volunteer Service Hour Sign-In/Sign-Out” binder located in the school office.
- School employees and volunteer coaches are exempt from service hours reporting.
- Monetary contributions for school events and the Class Party Fund earn one (1) service hour for every $15, and 4% scrip credit on the amount given.
- A summary of completed service hours will be provided in the December and March Family Envelope for review.
- Reports should be checked for accuracy and discrepancies should be reported by the date noted on the summary.
- The service hour year ends mid-May and final summaries will be sent in a Special Family Envelope following that date.
- Families who choose not to participate in the service hours tuition requirement or those who find it difficult to complete service hours during the school year must pay $225.00 in full by the start of the school year in full or service hours payments will be added to their FACTS Tuition Management plan.
- Families who have paid their service hours in full or through FACTS, are encouraged to perform service hours and/or make monetary contributions throughout the year. Refunds will be issued in June, equivalent to the number of hours worked, not to exceed the amount paid.
- For any off campus service hours performed, staff approval must be obtained.
- Service hours may not be carried over to the following school year unless they are earned after May 1. Up to four (4) hours may be applied if earned after May 1, provided the service hour requirement has been met for the current year.
- Non-school relatives and/or friends may earn service hours for a school family. It is their responsibility to record their hours in the “Volunteer Service Hour Sign-In/Sign-Out” binder located in the school office.
- School families may not donate to or earn service hours for another school family without prior approval from the Principal.
- Families with special circumstances that may prevent completion of service hours must meet with the Principal.
- Service hours aid the administration, faculty, staff, school, or PTC.
- Other events that may qualify for service hour credit are determined by the Principal.
- Donations of supplies or equipment may qualify for service hours with prior approval from the Principal, and a receipt must accompany the donation. In the absence of a receipt, the Principal will determine the amount of service hours to be given.
FOOD PREPARATION GUIDELINES FOR APPROVED SCHOOL FUNCTIONS
One (1) hour will be recorded for the following baked goods:
- Frosted 9×13 sheet or layer cake
- 9×5 loaf bread
- 2 dozen cookies
- 1 dozen frosted cupcakes
- 9X13 pan or 1 dozen bars/brownies
Prepared food donations must be delivered to the school office on the day of the event, and recorded in the “Volunteer Service Hour Sign-In/Sign-Out” binder located in the school office.
Purchased food, juice, water or any approved purchased item must be delivered to the school office and recorded in the “Volunteer Service Hour Sign-in/Sign-Out” binder and are credited one (1) hour for every $15 spent. Receipt(s) must be turned in at the delivery date.