Dear Parents, May 8, 2017
Take a peak at what first graders are doing in first grade!
Language Arts: We are doing an excellent job in our Opinion writing. We will be wrapping up Opinion writing soon so that we can review our Informative writing as we prepare for our upcoming zoo report. We are on our last theme in our Language Art series! Woohoo! In phonics this week, we are focusing on base words and endings –er and –est. Our spelling words do not come from our spelling book but will focus on our weekly phonics. In addition, we will be taking our test on Thursday this week.
Math: We will be reviewing fractions including fractional names this week. We will be taking our Unit 9 test by the end of the week.
Science: We are continuing our lessons regarding seasons. We will be learning about summer and fall this week.
Social Studies: We are continuing with our Unit 5: My Country, My Heroes. We will be learning about Independence Day and laws.
Religion: This week we will be reading Chapter 22: Jesus is With Us in His Church.
Homework for the Week:
- Monday: Rainbow Write and Math Worksheet
- Tuesday: 6 Sentences
- Wednesday: 6 Sentences
- Thursday: Math Worksheet
- Friday: Read 2 Times!
Reminders for the Week:
- Field Trip Forms for the Santa Barbara Zoo will be coming home this week!
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday
- Wednesday is a $1 Free Dress! All proceeds will be donated to St Jude’s.
- Wednesday is the Intermediate Grades Music Program at 6:30pm in Biedermann Hall.
- We will have library on Thursday. Please remind your child to bring their library book so they may check out a new one! We only have a few more opportunities to visit the library this school year.
- Friday is the Jog-a-Thon and noon dismissal! As a reminder, please remember to return shout-outs, signs, and any orders for photos or Kona Ice. Students will be given their Kona Ice ticket after completing our laps. Parents, if you purchased Kona Ice, your ticket will be with your student. In addition, we will have a used book sale at the Jog-a-Thon. Book prices will range from 25 cents to $1. If your student is interested in buying some books, please have your student bring in their money so that it may be exchanged for tickets. Used book sale money can be brought in as early as Monday!
Have an awesome week!