Dear Parents, November 27, 2017
I hope that all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with friends and family.
Here’s what we are doing in first grade…
Language Arts: We are back to our normal lessons within writing and reading. We will continue to look at nonfiction texts. This week, we will be focusing on triple clusters. Again, clusters are two consonants that blend together. We can still hear all of the letters but they make one sound. Examples are split, spring, and strum. We do not have new spelling words this week!
Math: We are working on Unit 4. We will discuss telling time to the quarter hour, practice timelines, introducing fact powers and practicing our good fact habits.
Science: We are beginning our next chapter! We will be discussing living things and how they meet their needs.
Social Studies: We are beginning our next chapter about community life.
Religion: This week we are learning about the Holy Family as we study chapter 10 from our textbooks.
Homework for the Week:
- Monday: Math Worksheet and Read 2 Times
- Tuesday: Math Worksheet and Read 2 Times
- Wednesday: Math Worksheet and Read 2 Times
- Thursday: Math Worksheet and Read 2 Times
- Friday: Read 2 Times
Reminders for the Week:
- PE Uniforms on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Please remind your student to bring their library book on Wednesday so that they may check out a new one. We will be unable to go to the library any other day.
- Friday is a half day of school!
- Next Tuesday, Report Cards go home!
- Next Wednesday, December 6th is Teddy Bear Day. Student may bring in stuffed animals as early as Tuesday.
- Next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are parent teacher conferences. School is dismissed at 11:30am.
Have a great week!